Home care Physiotherapy
Which areas do our Home Health Physiotherapists cover?
We can visit your home to provide you with physiotherapy two to three times per week or as needed in the following areas: Brampton, Mississauga, Bolton, the entire Peel Region, Woodbridge and the city of Toronto.
What is home care physiotherapy?
If you are unable to leave your home and require physiotherapy home service, Home Care Physiotherapy allows a Registered Physiotherapist to visit your home to help you increase your mobility and better adapt to your home environment, or even your work place. This will include a complete physiotherapy assessment as well as treatment for a period ranging from two to twelve weeks of home physiotherapy visits. Our family health care professionals are courteous and prompt. In order to maximize your progress, a physiotherapy session can be initiated within 1-2 days of your call.
If you've had a recent surgery, you may know that hospitals have reduced stay time following such procedures. This has increased the importance of Home Care Physiotherapy, allowing people to continue to make functional gains and promote an active recovery as they transition to an outpatient clinical setting.
Who uses physiotherapy home care?
We continue to treat a variety of conditions and work with various ages and groups through a home care setting.
- Seniors with mobility restrictions or limitations find benefit in this service since they difficulties leaving their homes. The home can also be assessed for hazards to prevent falls and decrease the risk of falls.
- People with neurological injuries such as those related to stroke or multiple sclerosis, can have a physiotherapy treatment in a comfortable environment to help promote in-home independence.
- Children can have physiotherapy sessions in a comfortable environment that can utilize familiar items as part of their treatment, such as toys and games.
- Many people discharged from the hospital with mobility limitations or who have too much pain to attend an outpatient clinic for physiotherapy services, often wait until their condition is more manageable before seeking outpatient rehabilitation services. The advantage of receiving earlier homecare physiotherapy treatment enhances the recovery process and translates to shorter recovery times.
Does this home care physiotherapy treatment differ from in-clinic treatment?
No, in order to provide the most effective physiotherapy care, we continue to use all available clinical modalities and techniques. Based on the initial assessment, the physiotherapist will decide the best course of treatment, which can include:
- Manual physiotherapy techniques
- Home exercise prescription
- T.E.N.S. (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
- Functional Training
Share this Post
Total care Physiotherapy
I will start by saying this has nothing to do with the Governator’s recent indiscretions (luckily). Have you ever seen the…Read More
What does a physiotherapist do? | | Physiotherapists work with a variety of patients including physically disabled children…Read More