Bodycare Physiotherapy offers one of the most comprehensive range of treatments in the Great Southern Region.
Contact us to discuss your needs and see which of the following treatments is best for you:
- Manual Therapy
- Electrotherapy and Ultrasound treatment
- Realtime Ultrasound
- Hydrotherapy – Individual and Group
- Clinical Pilates
- Individual Exercise Programs
- Injury Management
- Pre-Employment Assessments
- Exercise Rehabilitation Programs
- Group Exercise Classes
- Women’s Health
- Whole Body Vibration
- Brace and Equipment Hire/Purchase
- Vestibular/balance disorders
- BPVV – Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Baby Swim Classes
Our experienced and friendly physiotherapists provide ‘hands on’ physiotherapy assessment and treatment of the highest clinical standard.
- Neck and back pain
- Arthritis and joint pain and stiffness
- Sporting injuries
- Work related injuries
- Postural imbalances
- Babies all the way thru to the elderly
- Antenatal and post natal services
- Incontinence physiotherapy services for men and women
- Our onsite hydrotherapy pool is a warm 34 degrees
- There are hand rails at the steps and railing all the way around the pool for your support and security if needed
- Classes and individual treatments available
- Exercising in a warm hydrotherapy pool has benefits for rehabilitation after a sporting injury to arthritic joints to back rehabilitation.
- There are specific classes for back rehabilitation, pre and post joint replacement, shoulders and general fitness classes at varying level
To view our Hydrotherapy Timetable ====
A physiotherapy assessment is required before attending a class. Your physiotherapist will recommend the best class for you to achieve your goals. The following classes are available:
- Rehabilitation classes – beginners, intermediate and advanced.
These classes include a warm-up, stretches then use of the pilates equipment, weights, balls, treadmill, exercise bike, cross trainer, steps and more. You will be guided thru a circuit style class and supervised at all times.
- Joint replacement classes
- Specific classes to progress balance, strength and walking to assist post-op.
- Classes include total hip and knee rehabilitation.
To view our Exercise Class Timetable
A physiotherapy assessment is required before attending any of the classes to make sure you will be safe and attend the most appropriate class for you.
- Pilates is a unique well being and conditioning exercise programme for postural correction.
- It has been adapted by leading medical professionals and is well suited to both injured and healthy people.
- It is extremely adaptable and safe for all ages, body types and fitness levels.
- It helps to achieve improved posture and endurance that will ensure better performance of everyday activities, sports and recreation.
- Specialised pilates equipment such as reformers and trapeze tables are used in addition to exercise balls, fit circles, toning balls and floor exercises.
- The major focus is placed on developing strength of core stability muscles such as deep abdominal and pelvic floor muscles.
To view our Pilates Class Timetable
INJURED WORKER REHABILITATION
- Bodycare has a fully equipped gymnasium for rehabilitation programs to assist in return to work program.
- Individual programs are designed as part of your treatment and then monitored and upgraded as needed.
WOMEN’S AND MEN’S HEALTH
- The patient is seen by Emma Goetze and or Katie McLean the physiotherapists at Bodycare specializing in Women’s and Men’s Health.
- The initial appointment is scheduled for one hour to enable thorough assessment at a cost of $140.00. Please let reception know at the time of booking that you are seeking a women’s/men’s health assessment.
- Usually less than 6 appointments are necessary and these are spread about one month apart to allow for development of exercise therapy and education re management.
- A thorough subjective and objective assessment is supported by the use of Real Time Ultrasound to evaluate the function of the pelvic floor.
- Physiotherapy in women’s and men’s health is directed to:
• bowel and bladder dysfunction
• urge and stress incontinence
• voiding difficulties
• pelvic girdle pain – chronic and acute
• disorders of pelvic organ and pelvic girdle support
• pelvic pain and sexual dysfunction
• low back and sacroiliac pain using a musculo skeletal approach
WHOLE BODY VIBRATION
- Whole body vibration has in recent years attracted much interest for its applications in healthcare, due to positive effects on circulation, muscle function, bone density, balance and mobility.
- Exercising on a vibrating platform stimulates the use of more muscle fibers than normal thus providing a more effective workout in a shorter period of time.
- Whole body vibration has been shown to achieve its effects without an increase in blood pressure and it is a very safe form of exercise. The absence of impact forces associated with running or walking mean that whole body vibration allows weight bearing exercises to be performed with much less chance of pain or aggravation of arthritis or other musculo-skeletal conditions.
REAL TIME ULTRASOUND
- Physiotherapists use real time ultrasound to view important muscles that support and stabilize the body.
- Through ultrasound the patient can receive important feedback for correct activation of these muscles.
- Ultrasound will clearly reveal the effectiveness of the muscle system so your physiotherapist can devise the right plan of action.
- The process is extremely simple and painless. For the ultrasound you will be required to wear loose fitting clothes and have a reasonably full bladder. This will ensure that the ultrasound result is clear for you and the physiotherapist to view.
BRACE AND EQUIPMENT HIRE/PURCHASE
- Bodycare has a comprehensive range of braces and equipment for all areas.
- You can either hire or purchase certain items.
- If we do not have what you need in stock we can have it to you within 24 hours.
Equipment they can be hired include crutches, Mama tens machines, balance equipment, tens units, rom braces and incontinence retraining equipment.
- Acupuncture is well recognised as being particularly helpful in musculoskeletal medicine and pain management.
- Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine, sterile needles tapped painlessly into the skin through a plastic tube.
- Acupuncture can compliment physiotherapy, massage, exercise, hydrotherapy and pilates.
ELECTROTHERAPY AND ULTRASOUND TREATMENT
- Electrotherapy, ultrasound and TENS are used by physiotherapists as an adjunct to or preparation for rehabilitation.
- They help reduce pain, muscle spasm, stiffness and decreased mobility. When used before, during or after therapy sessions they can enhance the effects of the treatment.
- Electrotherapy is the use of electrical currents to treat injury.
- Because of its ability to heat deeper tissues, ultrasound is excellent in treating joint contractures, scar tissue and muscle spasms.
INDIVIDUAL EXERCISE PROGRAMMES
- Individually developed programs specific to the needs of your body.
- Physiotherapist supervised and revised/modified as required.
- Involves both gym based and home based exercise program
- Pre-employment assessments that are conducted by a physiotherapist on behalf of employers.
- Each pre-employment assessment is designed to suit specific industry needs and statutory requirements.