Atlanta School of Massage
Our 750 clock-hour massage school program represents the national standard for classroom study as required by the industry’s governing agencies, The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) and the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB).
Many Georgia massage schools offer only 500 clock-hour certifications, which is the minimum, entry-level requirement for the State of Georgia.
In order to practice massage therapy in the state of Georgia, you must possess a Georgia Massage Therapy License. This license can be obtained by completing our certified program, passing the MBLEx exam and submitting the state board application plus fees.
The MBLEx is the sole licensing exam for the Massage Profession; this facilitates portability and standardization for Massage Therapists. The MBLEx (Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination) is governed by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards FSMTB. It is designed to provide a standard examination for students of Massage for entry-level professional scope of practice in gaining licensure.
To be NCBTMB Board Certified, therapists must have 750 hours of classroom training, along with 250 hours of work experience. Achievement of Board Certification is the highest attainable credential level in the profession and provides a significant competitive edge for career advancement.
Massage Day Program (full-time)
- Intro Module Monday-Friday 10am-5pm
- Spa Therapies, Integrated Massage, Orthopedics and Health Sciences module Tuesday-Friday 10am-5pm
- Three days of class 1 day of clinic in the Spa Therapies, Integrated Massage, Orthopedics and Health Science Module Tuesday-Friday 10am-5pm
- During Spa Therapies, Integrated Massage, Orthopedics, and Health Sciences module students will be scheduled for 1 six-hour clinic shift per week between the hours of 10am and 9pm, Tuesday – Friday.
- Students may be assigned to a different clinic day in each module.
Massage Weekend Program (part-time)
- Intro Module Tuesday 7pm-10pm and Saturday and Sunday 9:30am-4:30pm
- Spa Therapies, Integrated Massage, Orthopedics, and Health Sciences Tuesday 7pm-10pm